Skip to the content

Commercial Auto Insurance

Does Your Photography Business Own A Vehicle? If So, Have You Secured Commercial Auto Insurance?

Protection For Photographers With “Drive” …And A Business-Owned Vehicle

A commercial auto insurance policy is required under most circumstances when the vehicle is used for business purposes and meets other predetermined requirements. It is not just the registration that determines the requirement for a business automobile insurance policy. Other requirements are ownership by a corporation, use in hauling goods for hire and gross vehicle weight of the vehicle. Some small trucks can be owned and insured under a personal automobile insurance policy under specific circumstances.

Commercial automobile insurance policies are not regulated in pricing, as are private passenger policies. There is price competition between insurance companies for good commercial automobile insurance.

We offer free, comparative quotes on commercial auto insurance from multiple insurance carriers so you can get the best possible rate.

Want to see how much we can save you? Just request a quote to find out.

Commercial Auto Insurance Claims Examples:

A tree falls on your car during a thunderstorm causing major damage. You’ll pay your deductible – say $1,000 – and then your comprehensive coverage pays the rest of the bill. If your car is considered a total loss, your insurance will cover the actual cash value of the car or what it’s worth today, minus that $1,000 deductible.

Your car collides with a stopped car at an intersection. Both cars are damaged but no one is hurt. Your collision coverage covers the repairs on your vehicle, minus the deductible. If your car is considered a total loss, you’ll get the actual cash value of the car, minus the deductible. If you’re liable for damage to the other vehicle, your property damage liability coverage provides coverage up to the limit.

You’re driving alone when your vehicle collides with a car carrying three people. Everyone sustains injuries. As in scenario #2, your collision coverage covers the damage to your car and your property damage liability covers damage to the other car up to your property damage liability coverage limit. If the other driver is liable, but has no insurance, your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage could provide protection up to the limits of your uninsured/underinsured motorist liability limit.
If an injured person sues you, your bodily injury liability provides your defense and, if you’re found responsible, that same coverage pays damages up to your bodily injury liability limit.